Pages

Sunday, September 09, 2007

I really did hear correctly!

This weekend was the Great Northern Quilt Show in Harrogate which was on for three days starting on Friday. On Thursday I had a phonecall and even though I wrote down what was said I didn't take it in until we went to the show on Sunday. It felt as if I sent emails about it or told anyone that it would prick the bubble---- but it really was all real!!!!

The theme competition for the show was "Butterflies and Blooms" and I entered this quilt with coneflowers and butterflies seen in the garden.

It won the competition!

As if that wasn't enough it won the Machine Quilting award too and the Overall Champion award and prize.

On top of that my entry into the Hoffman Challenge won Second Prize.

I am still pinching myself!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Ferret said...

Well done, it is a stunning quilt, no one sent me any pictures of it to look at honest :)

I am hoping this will also share my email address with you.

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Congratulations! Well done, it's lovely,
Sally B

Anonymous said...

I love when I can say "I told you":) Congratulations!

Yvette said...

WOW! That quilt is incredibly beautiful! You deserve everything you won and more.

Sandra Wyman said...

I remember seeing it - a beautiful quilt - no quarrel there about who the prize was awarded to - well deserved. Congratulations!