Pages

Thursday, May 01, 2008

May already

Life has got in the way of quilting in the last few weeks but I have managed to finish a quilt in time for competition this summer. It has taken twice as long as usual as I kept adding more bits to it.



I have just got a new sewing machine too but haven't been able to play with it yet!

It arrived yesterday and as I unpacked it and set it up to have a couple of hours to acclimatise , the weather changed and the thunder started to rumble round. The computer had blown in the thunder the previous day and dented the purse so didn't want another repair bill! Think there are storms forecast for today too! I will just have to read the manual I guess!
Yes it another Bernina! :o)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anne Wigfull said...

Oh, this is surely a winner!
Are you prepared to say how you did this? Painted, applique, both?

Rosalind said...

Thank you :o)
It is about 95 percent fused applique using batiks .The bird and the butterflies are painted and sort of appliqued on with machine embroidery. Some other bits have a highlight or shadow added with transparent watered down acrylic paint or textile pens.
Bit of a hodge podge really :o)