Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

This is the current project


The quilt I am working on just now is coming together slowly.

This is a tiny peep at the circles that are on quite a few of the squares. I used the Bernina Cutwork tool and software for them and was really pleased how easy it was. I stacked the fabric twelve layers deep,basted it together and then the tool just went through like a hot knife in butter!

Perfect circles!

I used the programme to applique the circles too, using different pattern stitches.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Island Threads said...

hello Roz, I like the cheery colours of your new quilt and it looks like some elaborate quilting going on, the circle cutting tool sounds like magic,
love the improvised wardrobe window shutters, what luck they were the right size, I still have a room to finish I stripped the plasterboard off the 2 outside walls but have not had much luck finding someone to put up new plasterboard, I can't do it it's too heavy, I should try again to find someone,
I'm pleased for you to read you will finally get your wall and road mended, Frances
ps. enjoyed your walk to the shops it looks a really nice walk and not to far,

Sara said...

Roz,

I just voted for your quilt Summer Reverie and wanted to tell you how much I loved looking at that quilt. It is just stunning!!! You do beautiful work.

nhsarab at yahoo dot com

Rosalind said...

Thank you :o)

Pictures of the finished quilt will be up in June when the show opens.
House renovation is hard work but you get such a good feeling when something is at last finished and looking good!
Glad you enjoy my walk which only takes 10 minutes going that way.