Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

First finish for 2013


Happy New Year!
The days are getting longer and the snowdrops are out and I have just finished this which I started in the holidays.

He is a present -----hope she likes him! :o)
Total size is 50 x 31 inches and he is some sparkle in the form of metallic thread, foils, and crystals. You can just see them on the closeup of his head. The metallic thread is Madeira FS and my Bernina 830 did all those free motion feathery bits effortlessly.

It is good to be back into sewing and to start the year off with a "finish"----that sounds weird doesn't it?
:o)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Caz said...

This is beautiful,, well done.

Angie in SoCal said...

He is gorgeous! Love it and the details make him stand out. I'll take him if she doesn't want him.

Trish I said...

Just beautiful!!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your peacock is BEAUTIFUL! Did you have any difficulties with the metallic thread? Any tps or tricks you can share? I have had lots of swearing in my sewing room when working with metallic thread... :-)

Rosalind said...

Thank you :o)
The metallic thread that I used was the Madeira FS 2/2 and I always find that pretty trouble free. I always lower the needle thread tension a litle and use the machine slightly more slowly when using metallics.
I have the Bernina 830 so also use that little sponge with fabric conditioner that Bernina supplied.
If I remember I change the needle to one with a larger eye too. I have heard that a ball point needle is a help too as it slides through the thread fibres rather than cutting them as a sharp needle might. Hope that helps. :o)

Digitalgran said...

That is so beautiful Ros.