Pages

Thursday, June 06, 2013

Time for the fun part now :o)


I love the point when quilting can begin!
I have now added the fabric backing and a wool batting. All the coloured thread work has now been closely outlined with invisible thread which has stabilised the layers really well and now allows me to doodle in the "background".
All the coloured thread work was worked with the no.24 open toe free motion foot on my Bernina 830 but now I am having a change and using the BSR foot . This is how I tend to work between the two--I prefer using the 24 foot for the more detailed work and the BSR for the more flowing stuff.
I used Isacord for the coloured threads and eventually found a good colour in Madeira Polyneon for the background.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Quilt Rat said...

I have recently tried wool battle for the first time.....really shows off your beautiful stitching!

Rosalind said...

Thanks Jill :o)
This is the first time I have used proper wool batting but I am hooked now!
Heard lots of people talking about it before-------now I see what they mean!

dorothypandorasbox said...

Ros,
it's really beautiful. Wish I could do that! :-)
Is it destined for FOQ?

Rosalind said...

Thanks Dorothy,
You do beautiful stuff too and I'm sure you could do this easily! :o)
Too late for FOQ this year----and not sure yet what it will be like when done!

Bunny said...

Your work is breathtaking WOW. Love it . Good luck with your entry to QG your quilt sure looks like a winner to me.
Bunny

Angie in SoCal said...

What fabulous quilting!

Glenda said...

Breath takingly beautiful!!!!!!!!!. What more can one say. I'm filled with envy Cheers Glenda