Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Surprise win!

In the second week of July I had one of those summer colds that leaves you feeling wiped out. Once over the worst I was looking for some distraction and came across the advert below for a competition in "Sewing World". I had previously looked at it but my mind just couldn't come up with any ideas for a quilt using three letters!

Doodling away I came up with the idea of using the angular letters to make some sort of organic design. I chose Y,L and I and used them repeatedly for the flowers and stems. I sent it off literally at the last minute. The result is that this week I received a letter saying that I have won the second prize which is a £250 worth selection of YLI threads.

I am delighted and can't wait to play with them :o)

PS. If you are at Festival of Quilts I think my little quilt will be hanging in the "Sewing World" area!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mom2fur said...

Congratulations on your win! That was a very clever way to use 3 letters in your design. I bet you'll have lots of fun with your prize!