Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Autumn again!

The time seems to have flown so it is catch up time again!

First a little inspiration in the form of 5 metres of beautiful shot silk. Not sure what I will do with it yet though something to set off that shimmer.

A little peep at the renovation taking place in the last room we have to "do" in the house. I don't mean just decorate as it needs a ceiling, the floor levelled and walls plastered before that can happen! A lot of the downstairs windows have their original eighteenth century internal shutters but this room doesn't. As luck would have it we found the remains of two wardrobe doors in the loft that will just fit in this room.

Autumn means mushrooms and fungi in general and this year there seems to have been many more than usual. This is a quarter of a huge one that appeared on our front lawn. It goes through the hedge and continues round behind there. When I was about four or five, I had a silver brooch with two tiny pointy toed shoes dangling from it. I buried it in the middle of a fairy circle in the park and made a wish.

I thought that the shoes would fit and my wish would be granted. :o)


Posted by Picasa

No comments: