Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday update.

After being stuck in the house by the weather a lot I was keen to make the most of this afternoon, so went down to start tidying up a little in the lane. I managed to cut back a lot of overhanging stuff and in the process found some big clumps of plants that had been washed from my neighbour's garden.

We still have no idea how/when the lane will be fixed but at the moment our priority will be low in comparison with others and rightly so.

Of course being in the lane I ended up spending half the time chatting with people walking by. At one point we were talking about how good it was to see the Christmas tree managing to stay standing and then I heard that last night some of our lovely Christmas lights had been switched on and the Town Band was playing.

Really disappointed that I missed that, but I guess it sums up the town. :o)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Rosalind - you appear to have been extremely lucky even if the lane was washed out - we love Cockermouth and have fond memories of visits there - our hearts go out to you all in the area

Rosalind said...

You are totally right Anne, We have been incredibly lucky so much so that it feels like fussing to even mention our lane to the authorities! It is very small problem,set against what else has to be dealt with, which is much more urgent.