Pages

Friday, March 07, 2008

UFO is now an FO!!! :o)

Well it has taken thirty years but it is now complete. It has been quilted, washed,blocked and bound.
It is done!!! I can't believe that I have actually finished it, after all this time.

The colours had got quite dull over the years but now that it is freshly laundered and the trial markings have all been washed out it looks like the tmaterials were just bought this month.

It is the first time I have made a sort of traditional type of quilt and certainly the biggest quilt I have made, so I am feeling very pleased to have done it. Moving it around the sewing machine, to do the quilting, wasn't a problem as the machine is set onto a 6' x 3' table.


I did have a problem crawling around to block it out on a spare bedroom floor.
At one point I got really bad cramp in one foot and couldn't get up or down and the quilt took up the floor space so couldn't lie down and moan either!!!

Posted by PicasaCan't understand why quilting isn't counted as an Olympic sport considering the contortions we go through

3 comments:

Anne Wigfull said...

Well worth the wait, Ros.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I agree, it should qualify as an Olympic sport...grin.

Your quilt is gorgerous!!

Rosalind said...

Thank you :o)

I still love the fabrics even this many decades along too which is really weird when you think how tastes change over the years, isn't it?