Pages

Thursday, March 06, 2008

A prize :o)


In January Sewing World magazine ran a competition.

Using Gutermann Sulky threads in a decorative way a small hanging ( about 8"square) had to be made with a loop for it to be hung up. I showed the work in progress earlier in my blog but this is the finished object.

You can imagine how delighted that I was to find earlier this week that I have won First Prize!

The prize arrived today (the packaging is still on the table )

There is £300 worth of Gutermann Sulky threads of all types, plus prewound bobbins, elastic etc and a Starter Kit of Gutermann Sulky stabilisers, complete with an enormous Hobbygift work basket to keep them all in.

It feels like my birthday :o)))






Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Dorothy Gibbs said...

What a lovely surprise... aren't you lucky? The win was well deserved though.
Dorothy

Anonymous said...

For me is no surprise, your work is so beautiful!

Aussie Jo said...

I have just found your blog through Sharon B. Your mini quiltlet is just beautiful. I tried to click on the photo to see the detail but it doesn't enlarge??? Love the big quilt too, lovely colours.

Rosalind said...

Thank you for letting me know re. the picture (and for your kind comments!)
I have changed the picture and this one seems to enlarge okay.

Ros

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your win! Sewing World has lots more fabulous prizes and freebies coming up for lucky winners and readers, including a free Sew Easy DVD for ALL readers coming up in the June issue (available from 16 May 2008).
Don't forget to check the website regularly for the details of what's in store. Good luck!
www.sewingworldmagazine.com