Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

Exciting day!



First of all an email came in overnight to let me know that the two quilts I submitted have been juried into the World Quilt competition! I took a deep breath before I sent in the forms as I have never entered international competitions before! Apparently a record number of 28 quilts from 21 quilters will be travelling over the pond this year!
The quilts that will be going are "Coneflowers" and "Crazy Paisley Sampler".

The rest of the day saw me with a big grin on my face!

Then I got a phonecall from Grosvenor Exhibitions re. my entries in the National Quilt Championships at Sandown!
First of all I was told that "Coneflowers" had won the Machine Quilting Award and then just as I went to say goodbye Vicky told me that my entry into Batik Beauties had won First Prize!!!!

First prize is all sorts of goodies which I will show when they arrive.

Hopefully I will have a better picture of the quilt after the weekend but this is a little bit of it for now.

The quilt is called "Realm of the Seahorse".
:o)

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Jenny Bear said...

Well done - this bodes well for the rest of the season. Be sure to keep us in touch with the prize situation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Well done, will you be there on Sunday?

Rosalind said...

Thank you :o)

Unfortunately can't be there on Sunday :o(

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Would you like me to take photos?

Rosalind said...

Any pictures much appreciated :o)
Thank you!

liz said...

Sorry, didn't mean to shorten your name without permission, I have a friend called Ros, it was just habit.

Rosalind said...

I am Ros most of time too.
:o)

liz said...

Hi Rosalind/Ros. My apology must have looked a bit strange without the original message. Don't know what happened to that.
ANyway, what I wanted to say was that I saw both your quilts at Sandown Park on Saturday, and I thought they were by far the best things there. I was writing down names of ones that interested me in order to look them up later, it was oly then that I realised they were both the same quilter, and it was only when I got back and typed your name in google that I realised it was you, as I already read your blog from time to time:)

Rosalind said...

Thank you Liz;o)
Really appreciate your kind comments.Made my day!