Pages

Friday, June 12, 2009

Still here


The Sandown quilts have been posted off so now I am busy catching up with the enormous surge of growth that there has been outside.The weather is very pleasant for working gardening at the moment.

Once/if the heat rises I will become an evening gardener again!

Came across this detail from one of my last year's quilts that I haven't previously posted. The roses were coloured after the quilting was done.

It has given me an idea for a new one!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

bettyp said...

OH!! That quilt is a thing of BEAUTY!!!!
You do great work!!!
bp

SewCalGal said...

Such a delicate quilt. I absolutely love it. You did a great job. Excellent color & design. Thanks for sharing.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Very pretty, want me to take a photo of it hanging? Or are you going?

Lynne said...

Your quilt is lovely. Can I ask what you used to colour the roses?

Elaine said...

This is a beautiful quilt. I also checked out your walks. You must live in a beautiful place.

Maggi said...

The quilting in this is beautiful.

Rosalind said...

Thank you for all the kind comments. It was my birthday yesterday so I didn't have a chance to respond until now. :o)

Sally-thank you for the offer of pictures! I think I am covered for that, this time, but might contact you privately about them.

Lynne-the roses were coloured with a combination of Derwent Inktense pencils and fabric paint, applied after the quilting was done.

Yes I think the English Lake District is the most beautiful place in the world-----but I'm biased 'cos it is home. :o)