Pages

Monday, April 07, 2008

April already


It must be seeing deadlines for entries approaching but at last my workroom is in a mess again. There are snips of fabric and freezer paper all over the floor and my batiks stash is spread all over the table!

I am trying out a different method this time------well my version of a different method!!! :o)
I bought some MistyFuse to use instead of Bondaweb as it says it doesn't alter the handle of the fabric. I have just finished a full roll of Bondaweb and thought I would experiment with something else. I then watched a podcast on Bonnie McCaffery's site where she was talking to Esterita Austin who was demonstrating how to use the MistyFuse. I am sort of following that method but auditioning my fabrics in my own way.
BTW if you haven't visited Bonnie's site before there are loads of videos to watch with some fascinating people and techniques.

I am quite pleased with how it is going. As usual I have started off with a vague idea and the picture is just growing.
I often think it would be easier to work it all out before I start and follow a plan-------not as much fun though :o)
Posted by Picasa
Incidentally I decided that I do like the MistyFuse and will order some more, but I am also going to get another roll of Bondaweb and some more Steam-A-Seam 2
They all act and are used differently and allow a lot more flexibility in building up a picture.

No comments: