Pages

Monday, October 16, 2006

October Days.



This is my favourite path through the park with the pup.
















We usually start by walking along the river and then climb up to what is referred to as the
middle path. There is a higher path too which gives a good view of the Lorton Fells. As you can
see from the picture looking downhill it is a good leg exercise!!!


















Of course every time I don't have the camera I see something exciting eg.the red squirrels collecting hazel nuts or even the kingfisher. Last week I actually saw a pair of kingfishers together by the river.

Before we moved here I had only once ever seen one before. Now we see them quite frequently and are thrilled by their vivid colours every time. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jenny Bear said...

is there anywhere to park in the park?

Rosalind said...

You can park at the top entrance to the park and easily access the views of the town ,Lorton Fells,Bowling,Putting,Tennis and Childrens' play areas. The middle path and lower path beside the river are a more of a problem as the paths are rough and steep in places. I do know one possible route though-------- :o)