Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

First go with the embellisher at last!

A couple of weeks ago I treated myself to an embellisher after resisting for as long as possible. Today was the first chance I have had to play on it .
This was done on painted Timtex and has wool roving (acquired at Woolfest last year), silk fancy yarn, ribbons and some Madeira gold FS thread used to embroider a little with a Bernina 180. The rest is just some stripped down silk flowers which allow a 3D effect.

I found it very useful to catch it all under some dress net to stop it moving whilst doing the needlepunching. The needles seem to go
straight through the holes in the net and then it just lifts straight off.

4 comments:

liz said...

It's a brilliant first attempt, and thanks for the useful tip about the net.

allie aller said...

Perfectly lovely!
Thanks for commenting on my blog so that I could follow you here....
~Allie

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Oooo, lovely, I must start playing with my embellisher attachment. Thanks for the tip,
Sally

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Lovely work, thanks for sharing it with us.... its great fun with net isn't it. I just love my embellisher. Great Fun

Best wishes

Maggie