Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2008

I decided that the dark floral made quite a good background and also found more vintage Laura Ashley fabric, down my very own fabric mine, to add some borders. :o)

I put tiny strips of Bondaweb all around the central medallion to centre it securely before stitching around it with a blanket stitch. The Bernina knee lift was an essential for pivoting around all the angles around the edge. I used Valdani variegated thread that worked in very well for that. Once the top is finished I will remove the dark floral from behind the medallion area.


It now measures about six feet square so is a useful size.
Of course I now realise that I pinned it onto that curtain pole to take a picture and have photographed it sideways! The left hand side in the picture is actually the bottom of the quilt!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kim said...

I have just perused you blog all the way back to the beginning. You do absolutely lovely work! And you take wonderful photos of nature as well. I really enjoyed it! And I want a puppy like yours - now to convince DH :)