Pages

Sunday, October 04, 2009

We have weird cakes here!

There was a birthday last week and first I thought I would make some blue butterfly cakes (blue is her favourite colour) but the blue turned into a rather sort of sea green and they ended up looking more like lichens!!!
Tasted good though! :o)
Her little sister wanted to decorate some cakes too and somewhere along the line sugar roses and silver stars gave way to Smartie eyes and jelly teeth and lips. A special was provided for the guest with a gap in their teeth.
See the bottom picture!
It all started because I was telling them of the "bruise" cakes I made when my kids were small. (Equal dollops of blue and purple cake mixture into cake cases .) I think they were originally made as someone had fallen down and bruised their knees!
Happy days! :o)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: