Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Quiet but busy!

Just realised how long it is since I put anything up!
I have been busy playing with my new toy, a Bernina Artista 200e!!!! I find that the best way to get acquainted with a new machine is to use it and keep looking up how to do stuff as you go. The first few things were garment sewing where I didn't have to concentrate on anything but the basics and then progressed to quilting, embroidery and free motion work.

These butterflies are to be added to a quilt but I think I might do some more to hang in the conservatory. They are made of painted and stitched cotton and sandwiched with batting and backing so that hopefully they can be applied to be 3D. They are supposed to be Red Admiral and Painted Lady butterflies which appear frequently in the garden.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Grangry said...

Wow! Those butterflies are gorgeous!

Maddie Can Fly said...

Congrats on the new machine. These butterflies look real!

Micki said...

Your butterflies are beautiful. They look like they are just outlined stitched or is it fully stitched design. It is hard to tell. You said you painted on them? As I said they are really beautiful.

Anonymous said...

wow.