Pages

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Sunday

These are the awards and prizes (a Husqvarna Emerald sewing machine and 15 half metres of lovely Hoffman fabrics!)that I brought home.



This was the very first quilt show I have ever been to and I drifted around open mouthed at the display of quilts I saw. There were so many different styles, techniques and colours. I was totally gobsmacked by the whole experience! I returned home inspired and with my head buzzing with ideas for future projects.

There were signs saying that photographs could be taken for personal use only so I don't think I can put them on my blog much as I would love to share them!
-----------------------------------

One of the nice things about going away is the journey home.

The show was in Harrogate and to get home we have to go over the backbone of England (the Pennines) and then down the other side until we see the hills of home appearing. Even on a grey day the colours are lovely. At the end of a sunny clear day the setting sun shows the hills off in a spectacular way.

This road often gets blocked in bad winter weather so it has snow poles on the sides of the road to show where the road is and how deep the snow drifts are.
If the weather gets really bad there are gates that get shut and no traffic is allowed at all.
I was once on a bus going over this road when the weather closed in and the bus followed a snow plough through. The snow was halfway up the bus windows and we ended up being stuck for about eight hours.
Great adventures :o)





Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Digitalgran said...

Congratulations Ros. Wonderful news, but tell DH that is not the same at all as winning the lottery. That was your creativity and a lot of hard work. Clever girl! But no harm in trying is there (smile)

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Brilliant - well done and well deserved. Such beautiful work. Winning the lottery is far easier- it is a game of chance. These prizes were the result of your creativity and hard work......please continue to inspire us.

Best wishes
Maggie