Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Work in progress again!

Can't believe how long since I blogged!

I suppose I tend to make a note when I start being creative again.

September has just flown by and we seem to have been out and about and sorting stuff out before the cooler weather arrives. I have done some sewing but just mundane clothing type of stuff to try and reduce the stash somewhat.

IAll the time I have been doing that I have been mulling over the next project . Now I have the germ of an idea the fabrics have been chosen and the threads. A lot of brighter threads and metallics have been added now too. These colours are mainly silks both shot and plain. I am hoping that the shot fabric will cast some interesting shadows when it is quilted.


All those tiny scraps are the bits left over after lots of pieces have been backed with fusible web and cut out.

How small do your fabric scraps have to get before they get thrown away? I used to throw if I couldn't cut a postage stamp out of it but there is an embellisher here now and even half or quarter postage stamp pieces can be punched in!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anne Wigfull said...

I can't wait to see what will issue forth from this little collection!

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Wonderful colours and fabrics.... leaving us guessing Huh??? Your right about the scraps.. the embellisher just uses them all up. Such a clever machine.
Best wishes
Maggie