Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Once I used to have the bad habit of pulling the top thread backwards through the tension discs on my sewing machine when I wanted to remove the spool of thread. When I realised that that could cause tension problems with the buildup of lint I started to change threads properly by cutting the thread before the tension discs and then pulling the thread through. This obviously results in tailends of thread about a foot(30 cm )long.

If you save them eventually you find a use for them .

This is the third 300gram coffee jar that I have filled!!! That is one heck of a lot of thread :o)
Can you tell that I like metallic threads?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

meggie said...

That shows how productive you must be!
As a matter of fact, I had never thought about pulling the thread out backwards. I must start doing what you do.

Amanda said...

Well you learn something new every day - I've never before been told that wasn't good for the machine, but I'll start doing what you suggest in future. When you think about it, it must be better!