Pages

Monday, February 08, 2010

Something finished and something started!


The little butterfly quilt is now finished. Well it was finished complete with label about two weeks ago.

Since then I have been trying to plan my next project. I have sketched, doodled ,cut up pieces of paper and generally used a lot of time and thought and achieved very little, apart from confirming that I work better by just letting it happen! I was so sure that if I tried that I could work to a plan --------if I only I made a plan to start from!

Last night I put away the pencils and paper and picked up fabric and scissors. I thought I would start with one little bit and see where it leads. I was unsure about how the lighter coloured plant would go behind the bird but I am pleased with the result and it has suggested the way to go forward for the rest of the quilt.

From now on it is in my head and adjustments will be made as I go!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Absolutely beautiful. Both are wonderful, but as I'm partial to butterflies I mst say this is my favorite. I do hope you'll enter in a show. Wonderful.
You are very talented and certainly inspirational.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

both are beautifull - would you consider doing a tutorial for using the pencils someday? I just love the butterfly one

Rosalind said...

Thank you :o)
I really don't think I can do any better than what is available from the makers of Inktense pencils.
If you go to:
http://www.pencils.co.uk/hints.aspx?id=2&sid=1
there are several .pdf files about using them.
They really are very pleasing and easy to use!
All I do really is quilt over what I have already drawn and coloured. :o)