Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A banner!





There is to be a recording by BBC tonight at All Saints Church for a "Songs of Praise" programme that will be broadcast on 21st February I think. A lot of people will be wearing their badges but yesterday when talking to Vicar Wendy somehow the idea of a banner popped up!

As the recording is tonight and I wasn't even sure I had enough time or the right fabrics in the stash I wasn't making any promises! Of course I can't resist a challenge and a deadline so this was delivered today. :o)
It is about a metre wide and I had to think of a quick method. I used the Bernina embroidery software again starting with the original embroidery design of the original cloth badges. I resized the designs to the size I wanted and then printed out all the lettering. That covered 10 x A4 sheets which I taped together and placed on top of the blue fabric. I had some red which I placed beneath.

It was then just a case of dropping the feed dogs and stitching through paper and two layers of fabric. The cutting away of the blue to reveal the red took a little time but it was easy then to remove the paper and zig zag round. The yellow balls were just appliqued on top and the bouncy line is just a couched string. It would perhaps have been quicker if I had had enough Bondaweb but this worked and was ready for this morning.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: