Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Playing with the Bernina Cutwork Tool


This is no great work of art or design but just the result of several hours playing with the Bernina Cutwork software and tool. I have used the Bernina embroidery software from V1 right up to the current V6, but the software for the Cutwork Tool is very different both in operation and terminology. Last weekend wasn't good gardening weather so I spent as much time as possible trying to get a better grasp of it.

After a lot of experimentation I decided to start from scratch, draw a flower,bring into software and cut out all the shapes with the tool and then programme the applique too. I stitched it out in the Bernina Jumbo hoop .

Lots of room for improvement but I feel a bit more confident now.

Other companies seem to be bringing out variations of doing this. The ones I have read about all seem to involve using several cutting needles whereas the Bernina is a simple little blade that you rotate when the machine indicates the next position. Another software I saw seemed very similar to the Bernina one but amazingly it was more expensive!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

chocolatefrog said...

I'm in awe Ros - of your design and your mastery of the software. My playing with Artista software will last as long as my ancient XP laptop allows, then that's it - ridiculously expensive to replace.

Rosalind said...

That is very kind of you but I am still at the baby steps with it :o)
I am still waiting for the lightbulb moment when I am reasonably sure of what I am doing!

It has great potential though!

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Makes me wish I could afford a new machine to go with the cutwork tool. As we found out...It does not work with the Artista 170.... such a shame. I shall have to continue doing applique the old fashioned way ;0(
A method I learnt from Bernina 40years ago! ( gosh where has the time gone?)
Best wishes
Maggie