Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What a day!

 The hole in the road has got bigger and there is now a cave undermining the road by several feet. We still don't know when it will be mended as we are awaiting the outcome of talks about who is going to do it!


Aaagh!


The day did get better as I got a picture from Jan of my Pink Roses and Sweet Williams quilt at Sandown National Quilting Championships, complete with rosette!



Then I opened my British Patchwork&Quilting magazine and there was my Dragonfly Fairy quilt. The magazine had been lying unopened on my desk for a week. I can remember putting it to one side and thinking I would curl up for a read later but life must have got in the way.









The Sandown award I was thrilled to win and am grateful that Jan always send such good photos.

It is always a bit of a buzz to see your work in print but I knew that the competition results would ultimately be published




The next picture nearly swamped my keyboard with coffee though as I opened an EQuilter email and there was my Jaggy Thistle quilt!!!


There are even more pictures in Luana's Irish Quilt album.


It has been a bit of a WOW sort of day so I will link to Esther's blog!
:o) 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Quilt Rat said...

wow, wow....WOW!!!! Hope the road issues are dealt with swiftly.....but otherwise you must be wearing a brilliantly large smile!

Caz said...

I love the Butterfly Fairy quilt,, didn't realize it was 'yours'! Well done!!!

Rosalind said...

Thank you :o)

----and yes I am still smiling!

Nann said...

I voted for Jaggy Thistle in this week's Quilting Gallery contest. I'm Scots on my maternal grandmother's side and I'm always on the lookout for thistley stuff.

Rosalind said...

Thank you Nann :o)

Andrea said...

What a beautiful quilt! Greetings from Andrea