Pages

Friday, July 06, 2012

Snippets.


Forgot to show these little address cards off that I ordered from Moo recently. They were on an extra special offer price if their logo was left on so I thought I would give them a go and am really tickled with them! There are a hundred of them and I uploaded about ten pictures of my quilts to go on the fronts of them although I could have made them all different.  It was easy just to zoom in on special little bits of quilts for them. They are just the right size to slip in a purse and came packed in a lovely sturdy little box!.

Can you tell I am impressed?

This is Rosie, in a daydream. on the computer chair waiting for me to sit down so she can cuddle in behind me.

Her picture is much more attractive than another of the hole in the road ! Yes it is still there,a bit bigger and still no definite decision been made about who or when it will be fixed. Work is supposed to be starting on raising our wall in a week so it will have to be sorted by then. Our quiet corner of town is like Piccadilly Circus at the moment as the Environment Agency are installing a self rising wall on the river bank downstream of us and they have a lot of vehicles about both moving and parked. When our contractors have their vehicles, portacabins and extra blocks delivered it is going to be mayhem,
If this rain continues it will be a very muddy mayhem!
------------------------------

On a brighter note I have entered Jaggy Thistle into the Quilting Gallery weekly theme contest so would love your vote? :o)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I,m sat here listening to the weather forcast and hopeing you are ok . please let us all know.
Lin

Rosalind said...

Would you believe I was woken by brilliant sunshine this morning? There was rain early in the night but we seem to have escaped the worst! Thank you for asking :o)

Hope you are dry?

Emily's Mum said...

hi Rosalind. Saw your quilt on the challenge and thought it was really great well done.- looks like you and I are out numbered with all the amazing USA themed entries though( mine is called Crowning Glory and my first ever entry). Think i might need to up my game in the future given the quality of some of these girls. New to blogging too so do feel free to drop by and let me know what you think. best wishes

Rosalind said...

Hi Emily's Mum :o)
To be honest the chances doing well in a patriotism challenge in th eweek of July 4th does have us a bit wrong footed doesn't it? :o)

Had a peep at your blog and smiled at your GD's hair colour as three of our "kids" and one of our GDs have hair of the same hue.Lovely!

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

So pleased to see your comment above that all is well. It's odd how we have lost faith in the weather once something awful has happened. (though now we live at the top of a hill, I save my worrying for others).

Rosalind said...

Funnily enough the weather doesn't worry me too much even really heavy rain! What gets to me is the fact that if everything had been done properly from the start proper plans submitted of the right height of wall this would all have been finished last year if not two years ago!We would have had at least a year's less inconvenience and would have been able to get on with things.
I still love listening to the river and watching all the wildlife along it though.