Pages

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Finished


The silk quilt is finished :o) The last entry date is in another week so for once I am finished in reasonable time. Usually I am really up against the deadline and posting the day before.

I have used quite a lot of hot fix crystals on this one. I usually bead and don't know which effect I prefer now. It is certainly twinkly!!! I got around the lack of fabrics by piecing several colours to do the binding and made a scalloped/prairie points sort of finish at the bottom to give me the extra length I needed.

A lot of the quilt is paisley type designs so I thought this shape of bottom border fitted in quite well?
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog..... I have nearly forgiven Herr Scnauzer. Am interested to learn more about hot fix crystals ...what are they?
Best Wishes
Maggie

Rosalind said...

They are basically glued on embellishments.

They can be crystals,sequins or metallic etc and come in a range of sizes and have glue similar to that found in glue guns on the back.Fixing them involves applying heat by means of a household or craft iron or a special hot fix tool.

Very good for quickly applying a bit of sparkle when there isn't time for lots of beadwork :o)

Doreen G said...

Thank you for dropping by my blog also Rosalind your comments are much appreciated.

carrie said...

What an amazing quilt. I love your solution for the edging

sharonb said...

This is an absolutely beautiful quilt - thankyou so much for sharing it with us

corina said...

again, my words are not enough...

June said...

Ros the quilt is fantastic its like a rasberry desert, good enough to eat, it looks so scrumptious, thanks for sharing your work with us
June