Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2007

SPRING FESTIVAL CHALLENGE.















Every year there is a challenge quilt competition at the Spring Festivals and this year it is "Black and White". This is my entry into the Chilford Spring Festival which is this weekend. Judging will be over so I can show it now.It is mainly fused and embroidered applique over applied bias strip. The butterflies are worked in free motion embroidery using metallic thread over organza.

It was very difficult to work without any colours!

Even more tricky was thinking up a title for it. In the end I called it "From the Land of the Golden Butterflies".

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jenny Bear said...

As usual, brilliant!!!

Ferret said...

You say you don't put your quilts up here until after judging. I'd love to know what made you decided that. I keep wondering when the ideal time to post mine is and I usualy go for too late to enter the same or an earlier show, but I may have missed something.

Rosalind said...

I juggle between the last date for entry and the judging results, I think.
Have vague memory of seeing rules on one competition to say that pictures shouldn't have been previously published. I am never sure whether blogging technically counts as publishing in that context so try to play safe. :o)