Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Done







I can't get a decent picture of the quilting I did. I dithered about using different colours for the sashing or using a variegated thread but in the end used a paleish grey/blue that matched the backing. It seems to have worked quite well to tie all the blues together.

After auditioning all the colours already used in the quilt ,I chose a completely different fabric for the binding. It is a bit mottled so holds its own against the dark colours and the light ones as well as having a little bit of sparkle.

I am trying to resist adding beads! There is a little bit of hand embroidery in the form of French knots for flower centres etc.

Just the label to do and then I can get on with the next idea. Have to think of a name for it now!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your finish! It's stunning -- such lovely work! :) Take care, Dianne B. in England

SewCalGal said...

Congratulations. Beautiful quilt and the quilting looks great!
Love this quilt. I do hope you enter it in a show!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

SewCalGal said...

Congratulations. Beautiful quilt and the quilting looks great!
Love this quilt. I do hope you enter it in a show!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Roslyn said...

The colors in this blue quilt are lovely so pleasing to the eye. Wish we could see the quilting better...........

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

I think the quilting looks great. I love the work on the masthead of your blog, scrumptious!

Becky R said...

Did you create this yourself? The designs, did you digitize or can you tell us where they are from?
You have done a terrific job in putting this all together. It is beautiful.
Becky R

Rosalind said...

Thank you :o) I do love blue so that helped it along.

I drew all the designs myself and then just machine appliqued onto the fabric using a mixture of turned edge and fused applique. When I started I had no idea of the final layout or even how big it would be!