Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sandown Entries

Not brilliant pictures but they give the general idea :o)
Sandown is a long way from the Lake District so I won't be able to see them hanging. A couple of people on the BQL list have kindly promised to send me some photographs.


This is my entry for the theme competition. I have called it ring-a-roses. Usually I title my quilts when they are finished. This one I thought of the title and meant to do an applique one showing children playing ring-a-roses. Somewhere along the line it changed into a wholecloth with trapunto and painted roses!

The next is my entry for the batik competition and the one below is my Hoffman Challenge entry.
(I was quite pleased with the striped binding on the latter as it used up every last scrap of the fabric to make it.)




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anne Wigfull said...

Ros, these are all wonderful, though my favourite is the middle one. I do hope you get a few rosettes, you certainly deserve it.

Rosalind said...

Thank you for that Anne.
I haven't had any phonecalls so guess all three are "also rans" this time :o(
Never mind there is always next time :o)
Ros