Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

"It started with a Delft Blue Tile" quilt with its rosette and platter! :o)






Jan Bain on BQL list kindly sent me the picture of my quilt when it was in Scotland but now I have the certificate , rosette and platter :o)

The quilt will be travelling with the display of my quilts starting at Malvern tomorrow and then through the Spring fairs in 2011.

My quilts will end their travels at Sandown  National Quilt Championships in 2011!
I am still having to pinch myself that it is really happening. :o)


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is beautiful!! I love the different shades of blue ,congratualtions !

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Congratulations. A big honor and the quilt looks beautiful and worth the honor.

Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...

that is a beautiful, beautiful composition! The scale, the different designs, the placement .. everything is just so perfect.

Many congratulations for the recognition. You *obviously* deserve it. :-)

With a touch of embarrassment, I admit that I haven't followed your blog ... is this an original design of yours?

-Shelley

Rosalind said...

Hi,
Thank you for the kind comments :o)The designs were mainly based on old tile patterns but apart from that it was all just made up as I went along! Nobody is more amazed than me that I was able to make a rectangle out of the appliqued pieces!
:o)

Digitalgran said...

Congratulations Roz. It really is a beautiful quilt and I'm not surprised it was the Judges Choice! Well done.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful quilt! Congratulations


Pam