Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Making up for lack of blogging.

Not a great deal of sewing/quilting has been done in last few weeks. A lot of time has been spent trying to get the garden tidied up though. Pictures of that next week perhaps.


At last there is a nip in the air and it is beginning to feel like autumn. Thoughts are turning to sewing again. I had a big sort out of my sewing room (it used to be the garage) and feel quite pleased with my new workstation. The overlocker is now set up too and I am working through a pile of fabric to make some space. This week it is mainly garment sewing which I haven't done for a while.
I must emphasise that the pictures were taken AFTER the sort out and BEFORE the sewing started again! Every surface was quickly covered again as I worked.

Do you see the horizontal windows? The ground outside is nearly as high as the windows and I see all sorts of wildlife peeping in at me.They don't seem to see through double glazed windows.  So far I have had rabbits, a stoat, pheasants, bank voles and red squirrels out there as well as all the birds.There is always something to see.


I have also been learning and using my new Bernina cutwork software and tool. It is fascinating watching it slicing through the fabric. This is just a first proper tryout of it.

 I know that five flower heads could have been easily cut out manually but when you realise it will cut ten layers of fabric at a time ------------!
Think 100 autumn leaves at a time!

No comments: