Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Remember that silk quilt---?


Well I have just heard that it has won Third Prize ! What a great start to the year.
:o)

Now the judging is over I can show the full quilt. Unfortunately the crystals aren't showing up too well. I think when it comes home I might add more beading to it?

I made it to enter into a Machine Embroidered Quilt competition that was run by Flair magazine. My prize is Madeira threads which is great as I am a self confessed thread junkie.

I particularly enjoyed making this quilt. I think the combination of working with silk,favourite colours and patterns may have had something to do with it


I called it Crazy Paisley!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

wow this is beautiful-and congratulations. How big is it? I love the color.

Rosalind said...

Thank you :o)
From memory it is about 50"x 60". I won't see it till it comes home again after the show in March.
My favourite colours!