Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Jaggy Thistle won a rosette! :o)


I wasn't able to get to the Scottish Quilt Championships at Ingliston last weekend so I asked another member of the BQL if she would take a picture for me if she spotted it. As you can see she found it and it had a rosette! I was a bit disappointed to see that the description seems to have been pinned on so that the motto "Wha daur meddle wi' me?"was obscured somewhat. :o(

I had never been in correspondence with Claire prior to this and knew nothing about her. Imagine the surprise when it transpired that her husband's ancestors used to live in the house that we now live in!!!
I wonder what the odds are of something like that happening?
PS.Click on the image for a bigger picture
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Quilt Rat said...

Congratulations! It is a beautifully done piece.....too bad the info had to be pinned to the quilt rather than being beside it...hate to see any of it covered up.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your thistle is beautiful and very realistic. Congrats on the rosette.