Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Birthday cake!


Domestic goddess I am not! :o)

The request was for a squishy chocolate cake with black cherry filling and butter icing for a 10th birthday tea. I have a favourite, yummy, moist chocolate cake recipe that includes a little golden syrup .It has a mocha taste achieved by the addition of coffee with the cocoa powder. Two cakes are made and halved and then sandwiched together with the filling of choice--pretty basic really but it always works.

If you can resist eating it, it actually tastes better after 2 or 3 days.

The only down side is that if you use a tinned pie filling rather than fresh fruit the cake becomes unstable, as the fillings slide against each other . I am sure that domestic goddesses would have a clever culinary method of avoiding this but here we rather enjoy the excess squishyness and just hold the whole cake together with a skewer. :o)))
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anne Wigfull said...

Oh, you bad person, you! Reminds me of the black forest gateaux so popular in the 70's, I had a recipe to die for, though some were pretty dire, weren't they? I must persuade my grand-daughter than it would be the height of 12 year old sophistication to have one of these for her birthday.